Talking Shorts is an online magazine dedicated to short films with the purpose to connect the most important festivals around the world, the filmmakers, audiences and a young generation who might not yet know what short film is and can do.
Reaching an audience with written texts is difficult when it comes to film criticism. Reaching people with texts about short films is be even harder. Therefore, beside profound film reviews & interviews, we’ll also publish essays, videos and podcasts on specific topics for a professional audience in close collaboration with the initiative BE SHORT NOW!.
In order to do all that, we offer the opportunity to festivals and other short film institutions to join us as a Supporting Member. We hope that by building a network of supporting institutions we can create a sustainable platform and atmosphere to pay our writers & contributors.
For €250,-/year the Supporting Membership includes:
- a presentation of your festival/institution on the website
- two professional reviews of short films screening at your festival (or from your institution’s catalogue) ( our editorial team will always have final decision on what films will be covered)
- the opportunity to collaborate with us on workshops for young film critics
- an official media partner for your festival (in addition to the coverage mentioned in #2, we also dedicate our social media coverage to your event)
- your logo featured in the footer of our website
- the opportunity to stand at the spearhead of new short film criticism together with other great short film festivals/institutions
Additionally, festivals and other short film institutions can directly participate in (or contribute to) the Be Short Now!-network, an online platform for industry events.
If you're interested in supporting our platform as a member, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org!
We also offer the opportunity for short film enthousiasts (individuals or companies) to support us by donating a fee of your own choice (with a minimum of €50,-). In return, you’ll be mentioned as a Fan on our website.
Donations can be made via PayPal.Me by clicking the logo below.